Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Power of the Promise of Prosperity (#PowerandPurpose)

Now the Lord says that if you will seek His kingdom and His righteousness, "all these things shall be added unto you." Now what "things" was the Lord referring to? He was talking about all the things that people worry about. In v.19 we are told that people worry about finances. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal."


You don't need everything you want. I wish I had all the money back that I had spent in my life on things that I wanted that I didn't really need.


You don't want everything you need. I never wanted one whipping that I ever got, but I needed everyone of them.


God doesn't give us everything we want. I, for one, am so glad that He doesn't. You know, one of the greatest blessings of God is found in those things that He doesn't give us. I read one time the confession of an unknown confederate soldier that tremendously blessed me. Listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment