Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Applying The Power

Scripture Of The Day: "The Lord said to Moses, 'How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have performed among them?'" - Numbers 14:11 (NIV)



In Numbers 14:11, "The Lord said to Moses, 'How long will these people treat me with contempt? Will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done among them?'”

In other words, “Children of Israel, how many times have I shown you my power? Why are you acting like this? You’ve been here before.”

On Easter Sunday little children at churches around the country will recite Easter poems about the power of the Resurrection. We will all celebrate our belief that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose on the third day “with all power in His hands.”

But I wonder how many of us apply the power of the cross to our everyday lives? How many of us allow what we confess to become real in the midst of our circumstances?

How many of us find ourselves facing familiar situations, and like the children of Israel, like me, and even like my sweet little Ryann, we act as if we’ve never faced that situation before?

As we prepare to celebrate the cornerstone of our Faith, let us remember that because of the miraculous power of the cross we are no longer victims to the circumstances we face! We can apply the resurrection power to every situation in our lives because we are united with Christ (Ephesians 2:6) and we already have the victory!


Excerpt from http://www.streamingfaith.com/index.php/prayer/devotionals/applying-the-power/



* ~ * ~*






Robin May is a much sought-after speaker, relationship coach and mental health therapist. She is the author of Before You Take His Name and founder of http://www.ibelieveinmarriage.com. For more information about Robin, visit http://www.virtuespeaks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment