Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shake Things Up, Rearrange the Furniture

It isn't natural for things to stay the same. Life is in constant flux, and things are always moving around except when it comes to furniture. People seem to think that, once a room is arranged in an acceptable way, it has to stay that way forever. Not true. Once in awhile, shake things up by moving the furniture around. This will help to move the energy in the room and will keep things interesting.

Moving the furniture helps to fire up my creativity and keeps energy from stagnating. I also know that I have a favorite way of arranging the furniture, which doesn't necessarily mean it is the best way. It is just the way I prefer. Rearranging the furniture helps to keep me open to new ideas and possibilities. And, if I don't like the way the new arrangement turns out, all I have to do is rearrange it.

You may find it tempting to fill space with stuff, but I fight the temptation and try a more airy design for now. The energy will feel more alive and inviting.  It is easy to get in a rut and stick with what is familiar. Once in a while, shake things up by moving the furniture around. It might seem odd, but it does help to get the creative juices flowing and stir up the energy. It is also a risk-free change. If you don't like it, you can always rearrange it, again.




No comments:

Post a Comment